Saturday, January 12, 2008

Watching the wiki grow...

Watching the development of my "Book Club" wiki, is like watching a child grow. I had expectations of what it would look like and how people would interact with it, but I have learned that the collaborators use it in many different ways.

I think that the shared ownership of the wiki has allowed it to develop in different directions. Different groups of learners have found their niche pages. Some pages have lots of activity, and these seem to be the pages that encourage the most interaction, like the "Favorite First Line". Its quick and easy to use and changes regularly.

I am interested in how the 'write a story' page develops, and notice that students are peer mentoring each other, by correcting mistakes and changing grammar! Fantastic learning!

No comments: